BENEFITS OF WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE
There have been many studies done to determine the benefits of this nutritional hero, with still more to come. Researchers have broken down whey proteins into a complete science telling us how each component may be linked to certain aspects of our daily health. Simply put, “You can’t go wrong with adding a healthy dose of whey protein to your daily diet.” Below you’ll find some of the potential benefits Mullins Whey Protein Isolate can provide when added to your daily diet.
WEIGHT MANAGEMENT/BODY COMPOSITION
- Whey Protein contains Glycomacropeptides (GMPs), known to suppress your appetite, preventing overeating, excellent for low carb diets or low glycemic index diets.
- Whey Proteins score higher on various measures of protein quality than other protein sources, making them ideal for healthy weight management.
- Each serving is packed with the branched chain amino-acids (BCAAs) Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine.
- Excellent source of Cysteine (Cystine), a conditional essential amino-acid known to promote Glutathione (GSH) production.
- Both BCAAs and GSH play vital role in:
› maintaining and building lean muscle mass
› oxygen efficiency leading to lasting endurance
› immune health and fast recovery
- Help manage Sarcopenia or the loss of muscle mass due to decreased motor neuron activity.
- Whey Proteins contain essential amino acids that digest faster and stimulate protein synthesis to a greater degree than other forms of protein.
- Provides an excellent source of biologically active proteins and peptides that may possess antioxidant, anticancer, antihypertensive, antihyperlipidemic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties.
- Increasing intake of whey protein during the time of illness, following surgery, rehabilitation, and/or while undergoing chemotherapy may be helpful in maintaining muscle mass and preventing muscle wasting.
- Whey proteins contain essential amino acids that possess anti-inflammatory properties that may aid in the prevention and/or control of arthritis.
- A healthy intake of whey protein may reduce risk of bone mineral loss and bone fracture.
- Cold Micro filtered WPI is a rich source of Glycomacropeptides (GMPs), which studies show influence a healthy digestive function
- Whey protein fractions are linked to a range of bioactive functions such as prebiotic effects, promotion of tissue repair, maintenance of intestinal integrity, destruction of pathogens and elimination of toxins.
- Contains Cysteine (Cystine), a conditional essential amino acid that plays a key role in Glutathione (GSH) production. Glutathione plays an important part in the maintenance of an effective immune system.
Read more on the potential benefits of whey proteins by clicking the following link below.
USING WHEY PROTEIN
Adding whey protein to your diet will vary based upon your training needs. We suggest you consult with a dietitian to scale in the appropriate usage of whey protein to meet your needs.
½ – 1 serving 30-45 minutes prior to each meal to help suppress appetite or as meal replacement.
Consume 15 – 30 grams 2 – 3 times per day based on personal preference.
Blend each serving into a healthy shake or stir into an 8oz. glass of your favorite non-carbonated drink.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease†